Building Services Electrical Engineer – The Potteries
What Do We Do?
At The Potteries Centre we aim to create a compelling, unique experience for our customers, which in turn means that they stay longer and return more often to our Centre. This helps our retailers flourish by increasing footfall and spend.
The purpose of the building services electrical engineer role is to maintain the centres systems as scheduled by a CAFM system to ensure optimum performance, Centre compliance and adhere to health and safety.
You will carry out planned preventative maintenance and repairs in accordance with the SFG20 specification and annual maintenance programme.
You will ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
You will provide assistance to other engineers, carrying out maintenance and other works. You will ensure compliance with the company quality management system, as applicable to this role.
You will present a professional, friendly image at all times.
The Potteries Centre, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Behaviour and Culture
- Focus on the personal contribution you can make to the success of The Potteries Centre.
- You lead by example, uplifting the team, and instil a passion for excellence in delivering the highest standards and a willingness to always make a difference, not only relates to our customers, but to all stakeholders, including contractors, retailers and colleagues.
- You promote our operational focus on compliance, communication, consistency, and collaboration in all you deliver.
- You are an ambassador for the Centre and for building services team, and as such you will actively promote recognition for the team, the centre, and the wider business through your exemplary behaviour.
General Duties will include
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance as per CAFM programme.
- Test against engineering standards to ensure effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- To ensure company quality assurance and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects including electrical safety rules and Regulations.
- Ensure company and site, health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain and issue accurate site records/documentation in association with all site works.
- To inspect the condition of services and proactively deal with callouts/repairs as required and requested by management.
- Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments and at high level, working from platforms and ladders. All access equipment and PPE will be provided.
- Keep and maintain all company issued equipment in a safe and serviceable manner.
- To proactively work towards the continued success and support of the team with a positive approach.
- Complete any other task requested by the management.
- Respond to out of hours emergency call-out via team on a rota basis. (on completion of probation period)
- Respond to emergency call-out requests to ensure clients’ systems are not prejudiced and to maintain the continuity of operation.
- Attend regular team briefings to deliver clear understanding of business objectives, performance, and display excellence in communication.
- Support to The Potteries Centre corporate responsibility objectives including support to community projects and activities.
- Undertake tasks in accordance with Quality Assurance and H&S Systems.
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the property.
- Highlight innovation and best practice standards across all building services department.
- Recognise the importance of sustainability including energy management and endeavour to deliver long term focus on the centre, to drive savings and reduce environmental impact.
- To ensure our retailers receive a proactive approach with health and safety issues as a first response.
- Ability to work well with others, make clear decisions and continue to deliver results under pressure.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of statutory requirements and ensure all standards are adhered to with documentary evidence supplied where applicable.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills, with the ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- A flexible approach and a sense of teamwork.
- Good organisational skills, oral and written communication.
- A practical analytical mind that can work round issues to solve problems.
- IT system literacy to be able to get the most from the evolving operational technology across our business.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQV Level 3 Engineering Maintenance (Electrical).
- IET 18th Edition.
- Three years demonstrable experience as an electrician preferably within a maintenance capacity.
- Multi-skilled experience and good working knowledge.
- Training of safe manual handling.
- Demonstrable knowledge of statutory requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable, Flexible and willing to support the wider Centre teams.
The following qualifications or experience would be highly desirable for an employee/candidate to hold.
- Portable Appliance Testing PAT.
- Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) or 2394.
- IPAF Certificate and/or MEWP (mobile elevated movable platforms).
- PASMA (Safe use of mobile access towers).
- Legionella and ACOP L8 Awareness.
- IOSH working safely.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Experience of Working in Low Risk Confined Spaces.
- Full UK Driving licence.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org